Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I had the incredible opportunity last weekend to be a leader at D-Now (Disciple Now) at Emmanuel Baptist Church in KC (where I will also be doing my internship this summer!). Diana and I had the 10th and 11th grade girls, and let me tell you, it was absolutely a blast. It definitely took me out of my comfort zone a little -- especially trying to build relationships in 2 days, but it was so worth it. I learned a lot about and from these girls in such a short amount of time that will help me so much in getting ready for this summer. I have so much to learn about leadership and about being a servant. So often I think about myself and my needs first, which is totally opposite of what Jesus did. Yes, we need to take care of ourselves, but we need to learn to take care of others FIRST.

On another note, I'm reading Deuteronomy right now, and I'm not gonna lie, it hasn't been the most enticing thing I've ever read, but God revealed a really cool truth to me the other day.
I've heard lots of times in sermons and teachings that the whole Bible points towards the coming of Christ, and that the whole Bible is a testimony to it, not just the New Testament. Well, in Deuteronomy 8 and 9 Moses is telling the Israelites about the Promise Land, and kind of re-hashing what they've been through thus far (Egypt and the Desert), and it hit me that that in itself points towards Christ. It's like, Egypt was the earth before Christ came, bleak and hopeless, filled with meaningless toil. The Desert is where we are now, Christ has come and is leading us and we have a purpose, but there is still hardship and suffering. And the Promise Land is the new heaven and earth where Christ will reign in perfection, and all out needs will be met. So, yea, I just thought that that was really cool.

That's all.

1 comment:

Blake said...

there's a verse Jesus uses in luke 24 that's pretty nifty.

You shoul read the whole chapter (it's good) and i think you'll recognize the verse.

I'd give it to you but I want you to find it! (alright, I'll be honest, i'm too lazy to get it to you)