Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Amazing

How cool is it that we get to talk to God and He talks back?

In the Strong Complex, where I live, a couple people are putting on a 100 hours of prayer in one of the study room in the basement, and people sign up for 1 hour shifts for 100 hours. I took a shift today... or I guess, yesterday... from 6-7. I hadn't just rested in the presence of God in a loooong time. I think one of my biggest weaknesses is not spending more time in actual prayer. I'm good about reading my Bible, and I guess I often do pray for other people, but not like I should. And I rarely just sit there and ask God to talk to me... to bring to mind people to pray for, and truths from His Word that I need to be reminded of. But I did that tonight and it was phenomenol... duh. I'm so stupid most of the time. I underestimate God even when there is no reason to.

Sometimes my brain and my heart don't connect like they should and that really sucks.

The other day a friend (eyyyyyy, blake!) brought to mind a verse that I had never given much thought to... "I believe; Lord, help my unbelief."... and I can't get it out of my head. That sentence sums up so much of what I feel that I can't put into words. I believe. I DO. With every fiber of my being. I have to. At the same time, I still doubt. If you don't understand that, I am so so happy for you. And I don't think I can explain it in any other way.

Ok, the only reason I am still awak at 2:53 am is that my eye is itching and burning like crazy from dang allergies and keeping me awake, but I took some benodryl, so that'll be probably be kicking in here in a few minutes, so I'm gonna call it a night.

Goodnight.


I need you, Jesus
To come to my rescue
Where else can I go?
There's no other name
By which I am saved
Capture me with grace

1 comment:

meg said...

i know this is pretty indirectly related, but i have been in LOVE with these verses for awhile in John 6... Jesus talking to the disciples and asking if they want to leave... but they say in return: "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."

i just love this... it's like we have tasted and seen that the Lord is good. We know it :) Hard to put it into words and even harder into actions. i love you my dear emily! Can't wait to see you.

Thanks for being an encouragement. Sorry for my long reply :)