Thursday, May 15, 2008

I can't think of a non-cheesy title...

Well, my first year of college is officially over.
Crazy!
It went by really fast in some ways and really slow in others.
I had a completely different experience last semester that I did this semester... a lot of different friends, a different mindset.
I feel like I have grown a lot this year, both in my walk with God and the way that I interact with other people. I have screwed up so many times, and acted out of my selfishness, instead of looking to the needs of others. But God has taught me so much this year about love, about forgiveness, and about being steadfast.
Steadfast.
I think if I had to sum up what God's taught me this year, it would be lesson upon lesson about that word.
Learning to desire God above all else.
Learning what steadfast love means.
Learning to be faithful in ALL things -- even when it's hard or I'm lazy.
Learning to do HIS will -- even if it means it goes against my grain.

I could learn so much more about each of those plus a million other things and I'm excited to keep learning. He's given me some painful lessons, and they're not fun, but in the end, they're worth it.

4 comments:

Harrison Smith said...

After reading about your admirably adamant desire for Christian-growth I am even more excited for you about your internship! I am sure you'll have a wonderful time and learn many valuable things concerning God and the importance and power of Christian Community.

meg said...

oh man... i know.

diana said...

love you sister. i'm so glad you live one room over :)

Trev said...

These are the most amazing lessons we can ever experience! What great insights... We miss you too. You'll always have a place to visit in "CANADIA"