Saturday, September 26, 2009

Loneliness vs. Time with the King

I'm in a season in my life where it feels like all of my friends are either dating, engaged, or married. And I'm none of those things. I was sort of having a pity party for myself today, thinking about how my friends all have "someone", and that leaves me on the outs. Not that I even particularly want to be dating right now, but when all your friends are, it's hard not to. So I was driving around feeling sorry for myself when God smacked me upside the head. I have this unique period in my life where I can fully devote myself to getting to know Jesus better. I don't want to waste this. I don't need to be lonely, because He is always with me.

I Could Run Away - Waterdeep

I could run away
But You would never leave
You would always stay
Right by my side

Everything I've ever wanted
I've found in you

And I need you, Oh I need you
Every step of the way

2 comments:

meg said...

i love you.
i admire your faith.
i sometimes envy your intense thirst for Him. i hope we can encourage each other so much this year. Love you.

diana. said...

hey lil' miss.

-lil' mista